FFN Global Congress - Bidding Guidelines
The FFN is an international non-profit network organisation. Its purpose is to connect up all the activists across the world who are working to ensure that people suffering from fragility fractures get high quality, cost-effective care.
2021 Toronto (virtual)
Open venues for FFN Global Congress for 2023 and 2024
We are now seeking expressions of interest for the 2023 and 2024 FFN Congresses.
Prior to the pandemic we intended to rotate between regions each year. 2021 will be a virtual meeting led by the team from Toronto. 2022 is planned to be a face to face meeting in Melbourne. We are hooping to hold the 2023 meeting in Europe but welcome expressions from any region.
Requirements for host country:
- Application should come from a Global FFN member
- Applicant must be linked to a respected university or scientific institution with a clear mission regarding education. An institution per se (University etc.) cannot apply for candidacy, only an individual can.
Proposals should include and describe the following:
- A formal letter of intent from the FFN member acknowledging their interest in bidding for the conference as the host country.
- A bid book containing the following information:
- Presentation of the proposed destination, including suggestions/information on congress venue including estimated price-level, accommodation capacity and accessibility – costs are not expected to exceed €20,000
- Possible Local Organising Committee members
- Any relevant experience
- Any strategic advantages of the proposed site
- Other information. (government support for social events, local speakers, transportation etc.)
Facts and Requirements:
- Number of expected participants: ca. 500-800 delegates
- Best period for the conference: September/October
- Should either be from Weds to Friday or Thurs to Sat (set-up of the posters/registration counter and welcome reception on Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon)
- Space should also be available for 2 pre-Congress days, for instructional courses, Board and Committee meetings. Can be a smaller venue.
Conference Centre Requirements:
Main Plenary Hall min. 500 persons
3 breakout rooms 100-200 persons
Min. 2 smaller rooms 10-60 persons (for board meeting, speaker preview room)
Poster Exhibition min. 200 posters
Commercial Exhibition min.15 exhibition booths of 2×3 meters
Catering area(s) should be part of / close to the Commercial Exhibition Area
The host city should offer at least 500 rooms with a range of prices including budget as well as 4/5* category.
The host city should have an international airport within easy reach.
- Interested FFN members must submit a letter of interest and a bid book; no later than July 31st 2021 for the 11th FFN Global Congress 2023 and/or 12th Congress, 2024
- Proposals must be in electronic format (PDF or MS Word)
- Proposals are required to address all of the components stated above: they will be screened for completeness and incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant
Useful information to consider including in the application:
Make sure to include in your proposal:
- An evaluation of the costs of the conference centre
- Average price of hotel accommodation and range of price categories based on the year of the conference
- Any written commitments from government or any institution for additional funding or sponsorship of reception or free advertising in the city or transportation
If you are unable to complete all of the application and need any advice please contact Dr Hannah Seymour, President elect FFN via MCI at the email address below.
FFN Central Office c/o MCI Schweiz AG
Phone: +41 44 809 42 86 | Fax: +41 44 809 42 01